Monday, September 14, 2009

Artists of Inspiration


I love Ami's work. One reason is because her subjects are musicians. She is known as "Ami Barwell, Rock'N' Roll Photographer." Another reason is because her photos have such drastic contrast. It makes the photos sharp and stand out.






Lenny Kravitz
Ami Barwell







I love Andy's work because he is the King of pop art. I also like his work because it has a little childlike spark to it.





The World
Andy Warhol










I love Kate Nash because her lyrics are simple, plain, but pure poetry. She is another one of those artist who can see the world through the eyes of a child.








Birds
Kate Nash





Starry, Starry Night is my favorite by Van Gogh, but everyone knows that piece, so I wanted to show a piece less common so I could explain a bit of why I think he is amazing. Look at that sky. Look at the sky on all of his paintings that have sky. Then you will understand.

Wheatfield Under a Cloudy Sky
Vincent Van Gogh







Andrew is my hero. His lyrics are beautiful poetry full of hope and love. They are empowering and real. A Fun Fact for you: Andrew Macmahon actually has Starry, Starry Night tattooed on his arm. Fun Fact #2-My artwork "Just Swim" appeared in his band, Jack's Mannequin's music video for their single "Swim."

Collage of Songs
Andrew Macmahon.










No comments:

Post a Comment